Thursday, March 5, 2009

masks, beaches, and of course waffles



Last week Wu and I were in need of some breakfast therapy and headed over to a ridiculously cute cafe called puzzle and had delectable waffles. This was especially gratifying because we had been craving waffles for, I swear, WEEKS. Mine was smothered in nutella, chocolate, and ice cream. The tastiness of it outweighs any resulting health hazards such as heart attacks.

On Friday, we left for Paphos and Limassol, where Carnival was being held. It closely resembles Mardi Gras in the sense where people wearing masks go bar hopping and get tanked. We were right on the ocean and I got some really nice pictures of a Sunset but not much else considering we barely wake up before that. What a great time though.

A weekend full of carnival masks, beaches, and waffles. Could it get any better? YES. We also finally got water pressure. No more showering with a pot to get the shampoo out! Oh the luxuries of Cyprus... I have no pictures of said new amazing water pressure but I DO have a video I'll upload later of what it was BEFORE it got fixed so that maybe the level of excitement I have for our new found water pressure can be understood.

This week was rough. I had two ten page papers due and three presentations. But it's Thursday afternoon, I have one class left, and then it's the weekend :)
It's supposed to be in the high seventies and sunny this weekend so I plan on doing mucho relaxing and sun time. TTFN.


No comments: